Thursday, June 21, 2007

New Spoon Tracks


I've come across a couple of tracks from Austin-based indie-rock band Spoon's new album Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga. I'm sure many of you Spoon have already heard these songs, but for those of you who haven't, check 'em out. The first is the instantly catchy "The Underdog," which features and unexpectedly infectious horn section. The second track took some time to grow on me, but I like it now. It's called "The Ghost of You Lingers." Not only do I believe it will be the album's first single, but I understand that the title of the album itself is taken from the song's piano intro. As a bonus, I've also posted Spoon covering Sam Cooke's "Bring it on Home to Me," courtesy of I Guess I'm Floating.

"The Underdog" mp3
"The Ghost of You Lingers" mp3
"Bring it on Home to Me" mp3

No comments: