Friday, June 1, 2007

Hip-Hop Friday: Common


I just got my hands on a new track off of Common's upcoming album, and from the sounds of it, the guy hasn't lost much of a step coming off of his last album, a tremendous effort simply titled Be. It's my understanding that the new album is going to contain tracks produced by Kanye West and Will.i.am, among others. This particular joint is pretty obviously a Kanye production. Personally, I think the song would benefit from a little more of a bridge somewhere near the end, just to spice things up. But then again, I'm not a Grammy award winning producer or anything (at least not yet). But anyway, the lyrics, like in most of commons songs, are tight, plus anytime a rapper manages to squeeze in a reference to Finding Nemo, I'm more than OK with that.
Common - "The People" mp3

No comments: