Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Mark Ronson Shakes Things Up


Ok so this really isn't anything new I guess, but I still think it deserves some attention. It's Mark Ronson's most recent album Version. This is probably one of the best, and certainly the most interesting DJ CD I've ever heard. It consists entirely of reconstructions of popular tracks from well-established artists (I hesitate to call them covers, but I suppose you could if you were so inclined), featuring various other established artists used in in the updating process. I've decided to post below a couple of my own favorites from the collection. "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before" is a Smiths tune remade with vocals from R&B vocalist Daniel Merriweather, the Jam's "Apply Some Pressure" gets a makeover featuring vocals from Paul Smith, and I would be remiss without mentioning Ronson's take on the Britney Spears hit "Toxic" with a little help from Ol' Dirty Bastard. Some of the other notable personnel contributing their respective talents on the album include Saucy Brits Amy Winehouse and Lilly Allen, among others.

"Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before" feat. Daniel Merriweather mp3
"Apply Some Pressure" feat. Paul Smith mp3
"Toxic" (Radio Edit) feat. Ol' Dirty Bastard mp3

No comments: