Saturday, June 30, 2007

Issues with Mediamax

I've been having a little trouble posting mp3's lately, and since that's pretty much the bread-and-butter of my website, the situation poses a bit of a problem. I normally upload my own mp3's and host them using Mediamax, which usually works out great, but for the past four days or so the site has been under construction, and hence rendered useless. To tell the truth, it's really beginning to cramp my style a bit. And since I'm apparently not bright enough to quite figure out some of the other media-hosting avenues, it looks like I'll be playing the waiting game until Mediamax gets their act together. In the meantime, I'll try to post some cool videos I guess. For instance, here's a video segment that appears to be lifted from Wilco's bonus documentary disc which accompanied their latest album Sky Blue Sky. It contains a private performance of "Impossible Germany," a song which, after hearing it about a billion times (slight exaggeration), amazingly I have yet to tire of. Make sure to pay close attention to Nils Cline absolutely shredding during the Santana-meets-Television extended guitar outro. It's pretty much the rockinest thing I've ever seen a fifty-five year old do. I think you'll agree.

No comments: