Friday, June 8, 2007

Hip-Hop Friday: New Talib Kweli



Talib Kweli has a new album called Ear Drum coming out in the not too distant future. I'm a huge, huge fan of his first post-Blackstar LP Reflection Eternal and I was also fond of the follow-up Quality. Since then, Kweli has gotten a lot more exposure and in my opinion, the consistency of his music has suffered a bit. However, I do like "In the Mood," a new, unreleased track featuring Kanye West that will most likely appear on Ear Drum. It's certainly not the best track he's ever made, but the production is decent and the lyrics are good. I'd go out on a limb and say that if the rest of the album is as strong as this track, then perhaps Talib Kweli may very well have rounded back into form.

Talib Kweli feat. Kanye West - "In the Mood" mp3

No comments: