Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Band-I-Know-Nothing-About-of-the-Day: Animal Collective

I don't know anything about Animal Collective, and I'm willing to admit that. In fact, when I'd seen the name listed in the "popular artists" section on elbo.ws I thought it was a project involving a group of hip-hop producers. That idea was based on a Danger Mouse interview I read where he mentioned such a project, although I think he was calling it the Underground Animal Collective. I don't think this is the same thing, but apparently this track by Animal Collective is pretty popular in the blogosphere. I can see why, it's a cool song, albeit not quite what I was expecting when I first heard it. It's called "Fireworks" and you can sample it yourself courtesy of The Late Greats (even though it's referenced there in a somewhat less than flattering way).

No comments: