Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Arcade Fire Hoop It Up

A while back I read some blog rumors about the Arcade Fire being on tour and coming into contact with some fan and allegedly "stealing" the guy's basketball. At the time, it seemed like a pretty random and far-fetched story. After seeing these pics of the band runnin' ball, I have to admit that the tale has been granted a bit more credibility. I mean, who knew that the hottest indie-rock band in the world, and arguably one of the best bands, and probably the most original, to ever come out of America Jr. (AKA, Canada, eh) were such serious ballers? Not to get totally stereotypical, but I think I'd be far less shocked to see pictures of these guys slapping a puck around, or even throwing a baseball, surface on the internet. Dig the shot of Win Butler dunking (or at least touching the rim, which is more than I can do). Just one more reason why the Arcade Fire kicks more ass before breakfast then most bands probably do over the course of a career.



No comments: